Monday, December 16, 2013

Craisin Scones

This past Thanksgiving, the kids were hankering for a meal like they had read about at school. Baby P actually came home with a written down menu that was a "vegetable..rian". We were to have corn and potatoes and beans :-) So I humored her. We had creamed corn soup, mashed potatoes, pickled beets (beets and beans sound the same…so I chose to mis-hear her since I just had beets in the fridge!!), oven roasted sweet potatoes….and this easy cranberry scone recipe for bread.  Went fairly well with the rich soup, even though I didn't add enough milk, and so the scones came out a bit crumbly….


 Cranberry Scones.


All purpose Flour 2 and 1/3 cups
Sugar 1/3 cup
Baking powder 1Tbsp
Salt 1/2tsp
Butter 1/3 cup
Dried cranberries/ craisins 3/4 cup
Milk 2/3 cup


  1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Combine all the dry ingredients together. I used a food processor.
  3. Add the butter and cut into the dry crumbs till you get a bread crumb texture.
  4. Add the milk. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick circle and cut using a cookie cutter. *
  5. Bake about 15 min. or till golden. *

* My dough was a bit on the dry side, so I just broke it into smallish pieces and gently brought it together .

My two cents: It had been a while since I'd done any baking, and I was itching for it. It's a simple recipe from OceanSpray website, and it came out really well. I got about 10 scones from this measure. Loved mine slightly with cream cheese for breakfast the next day.

…and now Baby P has her hopes set on baking cookies for Santa…..

Linked to
3rd Anniversary Blog Giveaway at Krithi's Kitchen